Complete France Forum

Rehoming pets

Jude1

We have two labrador / collie cross 8 month old bitches who are affectionate and good with children. They are fully vaccinated (including rabies ) and tattoed. They are sisters but can be split up. The reason for having to rehome them is that my partner has suddenly developed an allergy to dogs! We are in the southernmost corner of Manche (50).

[quote]We have two labrador / collie cross 8 month old bitches who are affectionate and good with children. They are fully vaccinated (including rabies ) and tattoed. They are sisters but can be split up. Th...[/quote]

Claratyn tablets are very effective for animal allergies. I believe they are available over the counter these days. My ex, loved horses, was completely allergic to them, but had no difficulties riding or being around them if he took his Claratyn tablets.

I trust your husband's allergy is not to the dogs in general...?

If you are serious about rehoming them and don't want to take them to the SPA or home to the UK where they have much better prospects of finding homes, your first port of call is your local paper. You can put an ad in the Annonces section. Also, put a notice at your vets and the local feedmerchants/pet shop. If you want to home only to the English try French News.
Last stop if you are desperate is Phoenix Animal Rescue down in the Dordogne (although they have links and members in Normandy/Brittany) who will take your dogs details and try to match them with a prospective new home.

Contact them here www.phoenixasso.com,

or here   ANIMAL MATTERS

Good luck.

Archived