Complete France Forum

LAST EDITED ON 09-Aug-04 AT 10:12 AM (BST)

I work for La Redoute UK, and regularly translate all things bedlinen (as well as fashion and lingerie should anyone else have any questions... cotton-lined gussets, concealed button plackets a speciality!!!!)

It sounds like you have what we describe as a king-plus size bed, as for us a king size fitted sheet measures 160 x 200 cm.

A fitted sheet is called a drap-housse. Polycotton can either be known as polycoton or Tergal.

Hope this helps.

Just a word on poly cotton in France. I was looking for bedding a while ago and I prefer poly-cotton, there is hardly any about in the shops, virtually all french bedding it seems to me is coton only. Eventually I found some and it looked alright in the packet, 50%/50% which is what I would normally buy. After the first wash it was obvious that it was so thin and prone to go into bobbles that I was quite disgusted. Next time I will make sure I pick my bedding up in the UK. It wasn't particularly cheap either.

I have noticed since that 3Suisses have poly cotton in their catalogue, maybe worth a try.

Liz (29)

Archived