Complete France Forum

horseboxes?

tinker

hi,

we are horseboxes builders and are moving to france.

are there any regulations in france regarding horseboxes? we have advertised one on ebay and french people keep asking about the french regulations and will it pass.

any ideas?

kim

Hi

Are we not talking box as in stable??  If so then the regs state that you need in most cases to have planning permission, suppliers here generally supply plans that can be submitted to the mairie for approval, this is attractive as it saves your clients having an architect. 

I think if stabels are your business, it's a good one, but think about the plans as this is the stumbling block for the people I've spoken to.

hi,

im here and thanks for relpys.

i dont get much chance to get on internet much!!!! borrow my dads!

i did mean transport yes.

we have had lots of interst from french horsy people. but keep getting asked if our lorries will pass the regulations and iv searched internet with no luck!!

check our website at www.penninehorseboxes.co.uk

we dont know where to locate to yet throu can you recomened a good horsy area?

Cooper's right - the Orne is very horsey.  Loads of stables and haras (stud farms) around Alençon.  Our neighbour is an endurance rider - flippin' nuts, she is.  But she is current Sarthe champion (we're on the Orne-Sarthe border).  She's got several arabs but her horse box looks a wreck to my eyes. 

NB A lot of people keep horses as lawnmowers and hardly ever ride them, never mind move them - I'm told by our neighbour that that's the case throughout France.

I'm sure there are other places equally horsey as well.

Archived