Complete France Forum

taking horses to france

polly

Yes they do.  They need full UK equine passports, plus an export certificate.  It's quite a complicated process but I brought my two girls with me so it's possible!  Are your parents planning to drive them over for you or will you use a transport company?  If the latter, I can recommend a really nice lady who can do it all for you and will help with the paperwork.  It's expensive (but horses are!) but they will come on their own with no other ponies so are much more likely to have a stress-free journey.

I took this picture just five minutes after they had stepped off the horsebox from England - as you see they look as if they have lived here all their lives!

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/cooperlola/gallatieres04toapril05183.jpg[/IMG]

Well its good too know the horses settled down ok. im not sure when we are going to move may be up to a year we just dont know! we have a trailer and they are very trailer safe! lol! we have a friend in france also who took Horses over and they are doing well! yes i think that my parents will drive them over! thank you lovely horses by the way! [:D]

Archived