Complete France Forum

Returning appointment inFrench

Invicta

Some friends of ours are coming over to France next weekend for a few days, bringing their dogs, and want me to make an appointment at the vets for their two dogs for the all-clear to go back to the UK on their passports.  Can anyone tell me what I have to ask for in French?  Their nearest vet is quite a way from us so I wanted to do it by phone rather than go in and try and descrie or mime what they are after.

Thanks a lot.

Invicta

le traitment pour les tiques et pouces comme it faut pour retouner en Angleterre.

Most vets are up on the regs and will understand what is required. Apparently you can take your own Frontline and the vet will administer it and stamp the passport (Frontline is cheaper in the pharmacie than at the vet.)

I stand corrected :)

I knewx there was something else but couldn't remember what!

I found the local vets to be very good about these sort of things, but then they do have quite a large English clientele! If you tell them what the appointmant is for they should be able to work out what is required, and if you say when the ferry is ours opens just to do the treatment so it's in the right timeframe.

I stand corrected :)

I knew there was something else but couldn't remember what!

I found the local vets to be very good about these sort of things, but then they do have quite a large English clientele! If you tell them what the appointmant is for they should be able to work out what is required, and if you say when the ferry is ours opens just to do the treatment so it's in the right timeframe.

Archived