Complete France Forum

Vermifuge

RumziGal

Which vermifuge should i give my doglet, and how often?

Should I alternate different brands that do slightly different things, or do they all do exactly the same thing?

I would ask the vet, but don't really want to part with another 50 euros for advice!  [:)]

You don't need to take Tempo to the vet.  If you just go in and ask the receptionist for a wormer for him, telling them his weight, they will sell you the necessary.  No need for an appointment or a consultation fee.  Different vets use different brands and much depends on whether there are heatworms presentin your area or whether you just need for tapworm and round worm.  Vet will know and give you the right thing.

Maggi

These people

http://www.wormers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Dog___Cat_Wormers_16.html

although in the UK, are very cheap even when you add the postage.  If you get the first lot from a vet or pharmacy here so you know which brand is appropriate to your area, then you can get them in bulk from them in the future.

Edit : Sadly due to rule changes here, they can no longer mail to France.[:(]

[quote user="Spg"]

Gosh, that's a useful site Coops - great stuff, thanks.

Sue

[/quote]So sorry, an important change here.  I was just onto them trying to order my annual supply of wormers and flee treatments and it seems that the rules have changed here and they are no longer able to send to France!  They will, however, except a postage address elsewhere with some payment security details.

Archived