Complete France Forum

Dog to Maroc

Deauville

We need another dog and will soon be on the look-out for one from a refuge but we are also planning a winter campervan trip to southern Spain and Morocco. Now I'm not sure if this is a French or Spanish issue (I suspect it is both) but we want to find out about the rules regarding taking a dog on a trip of that sort and then returning to France. Does anyone have any ideas as to whether it is permissible to actually take (or rather bring back) a dog under these circumstances and if so what extra requirements, apart from the pet passport, there are?

Certainly possible as I've seen plenty in French campers & at the airport flying home as pooches ...

What exactly needs to be done I'm not sure; the rules might have tightened up in the last year or two since a child in the Bordeaux area was mauled by a dog that came back from Morocco

Provided you have the EU passport up to date for your dog there will be no restrictions on going or coming back to Spain from Maroc. Going they will not care less and even returning to Spain you should encounter little interest. I have taken my dogs to Maroc before without problems. They make great guardians in a place where you need them.

Archived