Complete France Forum

Going Back with our furry friend

Mayennaise

When we moved here four years ago we exported our cat with us as we had no intention moving back to the UK. Unfortunately, we are having to return to the UK but what do I do about our cat as she isn't passported (?). Can I passport her from this end?

Yes you can but go to your vet and get things started as soon as possible (microchip, rabies vaccination, blood test one month later to check result of vaccination) as the passport won't be valid for travel to the UK until 6 months after the date of the (successful) blood test.

Bernice

[quote user="Bernice"]... as the passport won't be valid for travel to the UK until 6 months after the date of the (successful) blood test.

Bernice

[/quote]

It is 6 months after the successfully tested blood sample was taken.  Thus, if the lab is a bit slow it wont affect the 6 months UNLESS it is a fail and you have to re-vaccinate.

I always say this as so many people do the "never moving back ..." and don't bother to blood test.  It is very cheap to get the blood test done.  It can be done in France and once done lasts forever (provided you keep the rabies boosters going).  Plans change everybody knows that.

Ian

Archived