Complete France Forum

Puppy n poo

Bannon

We have recently adopted a year old Westie that has the nasty habit of rolling in anything smelly. Keeping him on a lead is not much of an option as he's quite active. Any ideas of how to prevent him doing this as we are getting a bit fed up with washing him - he's not to keen on it either!

We have an older Westie as well but he's never been a problem in this respect.

We have the same problem with our pointer (fortunately very short haired), non of the numerous labs we have had did this, come across some lovely smelly fox do do and she's in heaven.  Collar and towel on the line from yesterdays pongy walk - is it something to do with hunting instinct perhaps.  If I catch her she immediately stops but if she's disappeared around the corner it's disgusting! 

My dad's dog has a liking for goose plop and decomposing fish that she finds on the riverbank when he takes her for a walk.  Nice!

Maybe your dog will twig that in order to avoid another bath its best to not go a-rolling in stinky stuff?   You just have to be alert and grab them before they home in on the offensive  items I'm afraid, no easy way around it.

Archived