Complete France Forum

Have you lost a dog?

Suninfrance

Have posted this in the Central section also.

Found in Arnac (near Pompadour) Correze 19.

Black labrador type dog.  Young.  No chip or tattoo but wearing a green collar.  He has also been castrated, so someone has been looking after him.  Very friendly and gentle.

Hi CA - yes, done all that.  Even asked our local lady who is a dog and cat sitter, but no-one has reported it.

It is quite a young dog - big paws and big head for the size of it's body.  It had a playful chew of my arm earlier but it was very gentle. 

It's not me who has him by the way, he turned up at a friends down the road.  We've asked our local farmer's who is the "font of all knowledge" (next to the postman that is) but she has never seen it before.

I am wondering if someone was out for a walk with it, and it chased something and got itself lost.   It has no problems with cars and jumped straight in when we took him to the vets and sat on the floor in the back.  He also obeys the command "sit" which makes me wonder either he has English owners, or someone has already taught him the hand command for sit.

Such a lovely dog.  I do hope someone claims him very soon.

Update.

Well, no-one has come forward for this gorgeous dog,   However, he has now found a forever home. 

A young french couple heard about the dog through a friend and heard that he was going to the SPA today, but they have taken him in instead.  So I hope this gorgeous boy gets all the love and attention he needs from these people.

I do love a happy ending.

Jan

[quote user="Suninfrance"]  He also obeys the command "sit" which makes me wonder either he has English owners, or someone has already taught him the hand command for sit.

[/quote]

I had a feeling about that and the fact that you had posted on an English speaking forum  which is why I posted something like "does he speak French or English" - which in the sober light of the next day looked like a pisstake.

So a soon to be bi-lingual dog then!

Years ago I knew a very pretentious women who loved to boast that her dog understood French, she used to shout "COUCHELARD" at it and he would sit down and wag his tale, she didnt realise that she was talking gibberish but the dog who was the more intelligent of the pair had worked out what was expected of him.

Archived