Complete France Forum

Whippets

Llantony

As I previously posted, we have been offered a whippet - just before we are going over to live in France.  It's all too complicated but my husband has set his heart on a whippet.  We only plan to come back for short periods, not enough to get a dog and passport it.

I've never seen a whippet in France!

I'd prefer to rescue a dog - we've already had a Cavalier and a Greyhound, both now sadly passed on.  We could pay a lot of money and get one from a breeder, but I can't find any in France.  Anyone know of one?  (I've just checked the site someone suggested for the person looking for a cavalier and no whippets.)  There are 2 Cavaliers in our village.

Wow, such a quick response!  This forum is so useful.

I've found a breeders' site.  Puppies at 1000 euros.  That's quite a lot as we are about to be living on a modest pension. And of course ongoing expenses that we'd expect.  We've usually had rescue animals.

Hi Llantony

Why not consider a rescue galgo?  They are not normally as big as greyhounds, some are even only a touch bigger than a whippet.  There are many associations in France helping to find loving homes for these poor abused animals.   www.levriers-en-danger.fr is the website for Amigos de los Galgos and have a look at this beauty

http://rescue.forumactif.com/refuges-et-associations-surcharges-f74/diana-galga-3-ans-t169163.htm?highlight=diana

Archived