Complete France Forum

Snakes

User no longer member.

[quote user="Sharkster"]The first year we lived here (Herault) we had an Asp Viper (black) in our front room. [/quote]

I live in Hérault too - but I hope, in a slightly different part, eeeeekkk! I don't even mind little Asp vipers, but NOT in my front room.

We get loads of those little black scorpions too, almost harmless (well, they can sting, but apparently, not worse than a bee sting - and in any case they are really tiny), but those buggers manage to sneak into the house and even go upstairs!!! They do like cool, damp and dark, so they will stay around houses in the very hot weather.

The Western Whip Snake is very beautiful - but although not venomous, it is scary as it is so big, and also gets very self-assertive and threatening if you interfere with it. My best (worst) encounter with one was in the Dordogne (Mussidan) where I came literally face-to-face with one when I walked in the outside loo, closing the door and preparing to sit down. A WWS was just hanging from the roof beam, centimetres from my face, swaying and looking at me just like in a "Raiders of the Lost Ark"  movie...

[quote user="5-element"]

My best (worst) encounter with one was in the Dordogne (Mussidan) where I came literally face-to-face with one when I walked in the outside loo, closing the door and preparing to sit down. A WWS was just hanging from the roof beam, centimetres from my face, swaying and looking at me just like in a "Raiders of the Lost Ark"  movie...

[/quote]

Sounds like an instant cure for any constipation, to me. That or a brown-trouser moment if you are a regular sort of person[:D]

Archived