Complete France Forum

Vets near availles- limousin

French Frank

Can anyone recommend a vet in the availles-confelons area. We are bringing our doggies with us at Christmas for the first time and will need to get them treated before returning to the UK.

If possible can you give the contact details of a vet as we will need to check they will be open on 02-01-09.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Not the rules of this forum, as far as I know - I was just wondering why that certain other place was so keen on enforcing a so-called 'regulation' that nobody else seems bothered about, particularly when it breaks several other French rules itself.

I've often wondered if that forum is right in their belief that it is forbidden by French regulations to post vets' names and contact details.

The Code de Déontologie vétérinaire doesn't allow vets to advertise, nor does Article R242-70 du Code Rural  allow 3rd parties to recommend a vet if there is any suspicion that the vet might profit personally (??? [8-)] ).  But to simply post a vet's name, address and phone number doesn't seem to be in breach of any law.

There's an interesting article about the rules governing all this here

Google English version here

Archived