Complete France Forum

Very affectionate cat found

Tim

We live in department 76 near Cany Barville.  Over Christmas we were visited by a male cat with big green eyes and grey with tabby markings.  We think he is about 9 months old and really very very affectionate.  He always seems hungry and we do give him scraps of food, but he desparately needs a loving home.  We have asked around our village and were told that it is thought he belonged to a local family who moved after Christmas and they just left him behind. If he manages to get into our house, he sucks on anything soft which indicates he was taken from his mother too soon we are told.  With this cold weather we feel wretched about him but do not know what to do.  France do not seem to have the RSPCA everywhere like England.  We just cannot keep him for various reasons - any prospective new owners out there? Or suggestions urgently please. PM for more details if required.

Marcelle

Your post exactly mirrors my experience.  In November I flew back to UK for a week and when I returned there was a lovely black and white in my hard.  I resisted feeding him for 24 hours as I hoped he had a home, but gave in and he is really very loving and like the one you have always hungry.

I did worm him which seemed to help and strangely he had a blue collar.  I too asked around but nobody owns him.  I am in UK at the moment but he is being fed by my neighbour in my absence.  When I return I shall take him to the vet to see if he is chipped as he does seem to like getting in vehicles.

I too am unable to keep him on a long term basis as I travel quite a lot and cannot impose on others.  I spoke to a rescue person and they said they had far too many cats and dogs as apparently they are always being abandoned.  They said if you rehouse him another one will likely take his place!

My one hope is an English couple who live fairly near who might be persuaded to take him.

Bon chance

Archived