Complete France Forum

Its a sad day

NuBeginnings

When we first came to view our new home in France there was a small kid goat running around.

We brought the house and the goat remained along with a couple of cows and some donkeys they belonged to a local farmer.

We decided to let the farmer carry on grazing his animals they were free to graze on 15 acres of grass land.

Farmer decides to sell the donkeys and cows about 3 months ago.

So we are left with buddy our / his little goat, a little bundle of joy who would walk with me and I am sure thought she was one of the dogs.

So the farmer took his animals away, I started to remove all the wire fences he had put up in order for our guests to have better access to our park land.

Last week the farmer turns up and starts to put up the fences again, no consolation no do you mind etc.

I explane that we now don't want fences every where and that he can use about 2 acres of our land. This is not good enough he gets the hump and storms off.

Farmer has not paid a cent to use our land in 7 months. I also let a local gendarme use 3 acres of land for his horses and for which I am paid €150 a month

Now the sad part, Buddy as we like to call her who last month had a baby goatey ( got her self pregnant a while back by a neighbours rand goat ) We did not know this till out popped the baby goat we thought she was just fat !

So for 10 months I looked after Buddy and raised her and baby Milly put up with them eating my freshly planted flowers and running amuck because I love my little goats.

I return home from being at the shops to find the farmer has been and collected Buddy and Milly. He did not even know Milly existed till yesterday.

So all in all I feel like one of my kids as been stolen away.

[IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k562/NBeginningsFrance/Our%20menagery%20of%20pets/IMG_1356.jpg[/IMG]

It's NOT silly at all .

I would be the same, upset, sad..

As you say, why would his daughter care more about her now that she has in the recent months?

From where you are, can you see his farm ? 

If you would like me to call him, please PM me.

Archived