Complete France Forum

This amused me!

Rabbie

While doing my regular trawl of French Estate agents websites looking for a suitable property I was amused to see on one french based site the same property advertised twice at different prices. A few of the photos were different but most were the same. The text was identical apart from the location - one giving the village a little to the north and the other the village a little to the south. Not sure if forum rules allow me to post a link to the site so not doing so until I hear it is OK.

Hey, Rabbie, if you want to buy a chateau, why not just ask me?[:D]

Not sure we're selling but I think we might be considering it........the grounds and moat are getting a mite worrying for poor OH. 

Our French neighbours there are coming to see us en famille tomorrow, and I just know that that little visit is going to tug at my heartstrings.

Wish I could be moe pragmatic and I daresay I will be torn until I could relinquish what is after all my first home in France![:-))] 

Rab, I'm too kn****d to appreciate your joke fully. 

As an aside, do you know that a moat is called "les douves" in French.  Why feminine and why plural?  Who knows...the French do these things to confound les étrangères, I think.

Perhaps it's like "les toilettes"; always feminine and always plural; EVEN if you only have the ONE toilet![6] 

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Bonjour, Eric!

In my sheltered life, spent with other elderly ladies (albeit French ones), I can't say that I have, till now, come across "le chiotard"[:)]

[/quote]

You must have Sweet ... it's the white enameled seat with flap cover in your bathroom ;-)

Eric, have you noticed the number of that post of yours?  666........je jure, you must be the very devil![6]

I hope you and Mrs Ericd are enjoying yourselves in your French house at the moment.  A bit too warm for me but I am not complaining because it will be cold soon enough!

Hi Sweet, didn't even notice !!! I guess we all are Devils at one point when posting on Forums. Mrs Ericd and I enjoyed ourselves very much (although peopled out with all our visitors but they were all put to hard work outside). Now back to the UK and weather is perfect. 22c all day in Upper-North Whitley Bay. I should be back for 2 weeks in November on my own. Proper work will be done then.

Archived