Complete France Forum

Poubelle Special Offer

moon

I have to pay a separate bill for rubbish collection which is about 110 euros per annum. It is at double rate for maison secondaire, and the rubbish is collected only fortnightly and virtually never when we are there. Annoying but given the cheapness of the other taxes bearable.

Today I received my 6 monthly bill to which has now been added a new facility...Access to two local dechetteries, one at Ste Severe and one at Montgivrnay. Again something I am unlikely to use, for this I will be charged another 25 euros, no choice, access card included.

I think the french are thinking up new wonderful ways to charge separately for all these services which were once included in main taxes. A bit like gordon Brown then eh?

Bob

No choice but to pay I am afraid. Here there is much consternation about non-domestic premises which include village halls,schools etc having to pay over 1000€ per year to have their own large bin emptied, something that did not exist before and has been brought in by the local agglomeration. I have returned the forms for our workshop which we were required to do stating the volumn of rubbish weekly which in our case is nil.

Archived