Complete France Forum

notaires fees

Marcel

I have been offered a tumble down wee house in France by some French friends who want to get rid.  I have been offered the property for 1 euro (yes one) !!

Would someone advise me on what fees, taxes etc I would be liable to pay on a purchase of one euro.

thanks

marcel

I remember a friend being given a plot of land and having to pay the minimum notaire's fee, which at the moment is 780€. Best to check with a notaire in case things have changed. As they have to draw up the acte de vente, I am sure there will be a charge of some sort

Hi,

we bought our house and then discovered that part of the drive was not ours, but belonged to the commune.  They were quite happy to sell it to us for just over a euro a square metre so the price for it was under €200.  They had to have a public inquest into it which we had to pay, also the geometre had to come out and mark it for us, and then we had to pay the notaire's fees.  We too had heard they could be high, but in fact, I think the total for everything in the purchase that I have just listed, including the land itself, eventually came to about €1000, so we thought that was not too bad.  Ask first.

Fil

Archived