Complete France Forum

Ticks

Patf

There seems to be a plague of ticks at the moment.

Our long-haired border collie has picked up lots, it's difficult to check her thoroughly.

I asked the vet's advice and he said to treat her with nexgard, as frontline etc isn't strong enough. It's a meat flavoured chewy cube, supposed to be effective for at least a month.

Does  anyone else use this? If so, how much do you pay?

Our dog has had piro once, we nearly lost her. Don't want her to get it again.

For what it's worth, Pat, I asked our vet about Advantix against an oral medicament and she said that tick collars, pipettes and oral pills work equally well.

She said we could use whatever we preferred

Our poor doggie is now old, has dementia, and I don't expect her to last much longer so we just decided to carry on with what we have used all along which is Advantix.

BTW, the vet has given her Candilat for the dementia and, in fact, I was going to ask whether anyone uses this and whether it does any good or has any side effects.

Thanks Mint.

I'm always suspicious of some of the medicaments etc recommended by vets, because they seem to be in cahoots with the pharma companies that sell these things.

Our dog did like the taste of it, whereas she hates frontline etc.

Sorry to hear about your dog, I can't comment on dementia treatment, so have never heard of Candilat.

Archived