Complete France Forum

National Education Debate

Sandrahobson

Have many of you received the forms\information from school concerning the nationwide debate now underway in France? All 3 of my children have brought these home. We have also been invited to meetings at the school, in one case a days seminar, and further meetings outside school, I believe, under the management of the Mairie.

Sadly, I don't feel able to take part 'officially' so to speak as the children have only been in school 8 weeks or so and would find it difficult to make constructive comment so soon after arriving, having said that, there are a number of observations I would like to make, perhaps informally....

I ask the question, as there seem to be so many people on the LF Forum with an interest or view and also experience in this area, and also as a follow up to a commnent made by Mistral in the 'paradox' thread: "there is always long discussion about how the school day could be changed around and then nothing happens..." Is this the likely outcome of the national debate do you think, or is real change afoot?

Thanks
Sandra

I think that you should go and make your comments. Everyone knows you are new, but time can only cure that can't it and then, later, maybe you will regret not having at least having had your say, however it is taken.

I am really pleased that the this debate is being taken seriously and I have never known the government go this far before.....I am hopeful that some good will come of it.

Archived