Complete France Forum

Which School to Choose?

Jirac18

We have a three year old girl who will be going to ecole maternelle soon when we finally make our move permanently. There is a charming and apparently very good school in the nearest village (3/4 Km) but this village is not in our commune. The school in our commune is actually further away (2km). Does it matter which one she goes to or is this dictated by our location as it sometimes is in England. I have met the teachers and they did not raise it as a problem but I am not certain they realised at the time that we were actually living in the neighbouring commune.

• 2 weeks later...
If the school you like is private, then you will have a good chance of getting your child in there. If it is state, there is a specific catchment area. I have 2 children in maternelle in a private school and quite a lot of the children live outside the village, which is definitely not the case for the state school next door. Oh, and by the way, private means 50 a term and a slight lean towards a catholic education (the story of the nativity at Christmas and the invitation to the odd church service).

Katie

Archived