Complete France Forum

free french lessons!

opas

this is not a hoax!

just get your 10 year old daughter her 6 year old sister to invite a friend for lunch! up until this lunchtime we thought we were pretty good at understanding and speaking french, just by telling our daughters not to be rude and to speak french(we normally converse in english in the house) we have learnt new words and phrases,having to ask our kids to interpret what they had just said!
the girls thought it was funny and their friend probably thinks we are dumb! and that said their mother will probably have us for child cruelty as the girl didnt eat anything we had made and ended up with cheese triangle and crackers!
I know this is off the subject but the lunch was `normal` the friend invited at the last minute and the food was;
stale bread made into crostini with spinachand yogurtdip which included lardons and garlic
followed by homemade pizza with olives and anchoves.

Hi

we have
>learnt new words and phrases,having
>to ask our kids to
>interpret what they had just
>said!
>the girls thought it was funny
>and their friend probably thinks
>we are dumb!

Know exactly what you mean - been there, done that. Alexandra has friends over for sleepovers during the holidays (her best friend has stayed 5 times!!!!!). I feel an absolute idiot having to make Alexandra translate what I am saying for Magali's benefit. That said, it is helping my French tremendously!

>their mother will probably
>have us for child cruelty
>as the girl didnt eat
>anything we had made and
>ended up with cheese triangle
>and crackers!
>I know this is off the
>subject but the lunch was
>`normal` the friend invited at
>the last minute and the
>food was;
>stale bread made into crostini with
>spinachand yogurtdip which included lardons
>and garlic
>followed by homemade pizza with olives
>and anchoves.

Don't worry about that! What do they do at school if they don't like the lunch - LOL! Have learnt my lesson. I ask Alex what she wants and child has to have the same. I don't mind cooking two lots of meals, providing the kids eat theirs! Last time I took Alex and Magali to the supermarket and told them to choose what they wanted - pizza, followed by ice cream!

Great feeling though when your kids start asking their school friends round!

Clare

Archived