Complete France Forum

schools

Dianeperry750

Livret de famille is the health booklet the french children have from birth and charts their health simular to the Red Book in the uk , My eldest age 10 doesn`t have either the youngest aged 6 has a red book(both british born and only in france for 8 months...is it that long!)
A octor in france will probably set up the L de F when you attend one( our youngest is awaiting hers)
I was asked for one when ours started school and then the teacher said something like `Oh you are english you don`t have these` and accepled the doctors notes I gave her.
These are really what Jabs your children have had and to make sure they are up to date.
hope this helps

Don't panic. The livret de famille is, as explained in another reply, a booklet giving information about the child's family. I've been asked for it once or twice but have just replied that we don't have them in England, and that is accepted. We've managed fine without one for our three children; I don't know if foreigners can get them, but it's probably not worth trying unless you absolutely have to have one for some reason. Schools want the livret as proof of ID; if you don't have one they will take a photocopy of your child's passport instead.

It's useful to have your child's health book from the UK to show their record of vaccination. The French equivalent, the carnet de sante, can be obtained from what I think is called the DAS, but ask your local doctor or the local education medical service (who are school doctors who do statutory developmental checks at certain ages).
Jo

Archived