Complete France Forum

Sport?

opas

well guilty mum that I am , I let my 6 year old put my name down as one of the obligatory parents required to accompany her class on a day out for `athletisme`.
I now have a sore throat from shouting at kids who don`t know how to behave and sit on their bottoms on a bus or during the `serious` business of sportsmanship!
Are any of you familiar with the Dagobert book which seems to be like the bibble here in france for children in CP and over.
We were furnished with instruction leaflets on how each game should be played(the children already knew from practice in school) but on reading this it didn`t make sense to me and i felt totaly out of my depth and felt like going home(except i was about 20k away ,without mobile or car!)until one of the French mums said she didn`t understand either!
my group were all 6/7 year olds who had to `attack` their apponent and take a scarf(foulard) from the opponents sock by trying to trip them up by standing on this scarf at the same time trying to take a clothes peg (which was gripped on washing line style) from the shoulder of the opponent . OK so not too bad when the person is the samish size but when you are teamed against CM2(9/10 year olds) not easy!
next 3 hoola hoops on the floor(in a triangle..if you follow) one child inside one hoop the other outside who has to get the inside one out of the hoops entirely by dragging them physically by whatever force is neccessary.
the whole day was taken VERY seriously by the organisers and most of the other mums and teachers and was charted with score sheets! none of it seemed to have a reason and just seemed to bouy the children up to be more noisy /excited and disruptive.
I agree with competitive sport,but personaly saw the whole day as one which just made the children think it is `the norm` to fight and throw each other around. It was held in a Judo hall and thought perhaps at the end we would have been given a demo on correct practices for contact sport and perhaps an incentive to join their club, but no just the teachers and parents encouraged to fight each other! ( I declared a weak bladder(not true) and dissapeared to the ladies!)
next time I will be busy any one need their oven cleaning !!??

Archived