Complete France Forum

Vaccination and Ecole maternelle

Wendy

Not sure if I should post this here or in health. After finally getting him out of nappies our son is ready to attend Ec Mat. I know that a full vaccination record is necessary but we've struck what could be a problem. On a recent visit to the clinic to have the baby jabbed the doc and nurse suggested a test on our 4 yr old for tuberculosis. We were told ('ordered' is more to the point) to attend our local doc for his BCG jab three days later. We duly attended only to have the doctor refuse to give the vacc on the grounds that it is NOT necessary!. Them at the clinic said it WAS. He was insistent that he does not need it to attend ecole maternelle. We didn't bother with getting it but when we return to the clinic for the babys next lot of jabs I can see us having problems with the staff there. Also, if it has been complusory to date then why has this disease not been eradicated?. But maybe thats one for the Health forum.

In my dept I would phone the Centre Departemental de Sante, and ask for the Medecine Scolaires, the Acadamie should have their number too or maybe even the DDASS. And then I would ask. As far as I was aware these vaccinations were still compulsory.

The Ministere de l'Education says that they are obligatory.   http://www.education.gouv.fr/prat/sante.htm#vaccin

Archived