Complete France Forum

Can you recommend any other good websites/forums?

Romy

There are others, though it would be a breach of netiquette to name them. A google on 'Forums France' might help.

For general French questions I think this is the best, warts and all. (The biggest wart is called Miki).

You might find a local forum more useful for locale-specific questions, but in general anything you ask here will be answered in moments, and contradicted moments later!

Just joking. You will get sensible help and advice.

First bit of advice - try out the search facilities first.

thanks, I am just being lazy, this forum was actually recommended to me by someone quite a while ago so I figured it must be good, (are you a moderator then as you seem to be very quick off the mark when responding)

Apologies for inviting bad netiquette [:$]

Thanks

That's strange; although there is an unexpectedly enormous number of forums on your list, Peter, I do not see the one that I only discovered today - because mention of it was banned on this particular forum...

Angela

Clue: it starts with the same word as this post...

www.totalfrance.com is another very useful website. And, depending on the region, the angloinfo sites are also useful because they are so area-focussed with their information. But the tone of the angloinfo forums is quite different to here, for example. The character of each site is different and whether they work for you depends on what you're looking to get from participating.

[quote user="Loiseau"]

That's strange; although there is an unexpectedly enormous number of forums on your list, Peter, I do not see the one that I only discovered today - because mention of it was banned on this particular forum...

Angela

[/quote]

Nothing sinister : I haven't come across that one. Seems i've missed something ?

Peter

Romy, I think all the mods have got 'moderator' in their details (to the left) Dick was probably only half joking - you sometimes find questions answered very quickly but not everyones experience is the same so expect a diversity of information ! You have to sort out what is going to suit your particular circumstances best and some things are done slightly differently from area to area.

If you have a particular area in mind there are regional sections further down this board but you could also try googling the region and 'francophile forums' or something similar.

Good Luck !

[quote user="Mpprh"][quote user="Loiseau"]

Angela

[/quote]

Nothing sinister : I haven't come across that one. Seems i've missed something ?

Peter

[/quote]

Hi Peter,

Are you serious?

Well, Ive been told that laymyhat.com is pretty interesting. Thats if this post is allowed though. Why are there no other forums mentioned??. One thing Ive wondered though is Living France Magazine is a very good publication. What a shame its forum/website attracts such drongo's at times though. Thank god they are not publishing the mag!.

Actualy a Galah is a beautiful 'strine' bird who's common name is a Major Mitchel Cockatoo. It's a lovely deep pink bird with a pale pink crest. It also has a liking for the blood of my son. When we visited my sister in Aussie my son lost a small, but significant, amount of blood when he tried to make a fuss of one! Obviously knowz good blood when he smells it?

John.

P.S. They do have a reputation of being a bit thick though!

Archived