Complete France Forum

How to find a good school in france...

FlyBri

I'm new on here and looking for some help as we are thinking of moving to the SW region - possibly the Dordogne.

In the UK, there are websites where you can find all the primary and secondary schools in your area and indeed there is a benchmark they are all measured by (ofsted) which allows you to (almost) compare like for like.  If we were to move to the Dordogne (or any french area), how would be find out about local schools and if they were good at all?

Also, is there any way to find out about private or international schools?

Any help appreciated and apologies for any repetition with my post and previous ones from other folk.

Cheers

Bri

I rented a house for 3 months, putting the 4 children into a private school (found on the internet and checked when I arrived).  I then spent the 3 months looking for a good school (recommendations from parents in the area) and somewhere to buy a house.  It was worth it as we found a really nice house and good schools.

In March Dick Smith posted this link:  http://www.lexpress.fr/services/lycees/   to the newspaper's Lycee "league table". Click on the lycees in your area to see their niveau national. In our experience the best lycee seems to take students from the best colleges and once again in our experience they seem to be in the private-catholic sector. (Best in this case is student achievement, that may not be everyone's point of view)

Steve

Archived