Complete France Forum

Bordeaux University 1 and 2

ninahookins

Hi Nina... For all information about Bordeaux University, accommodation, grants etc, www.crous-bordeaux.fr (my links qren't working) will give you all the information you require.  Normally towards the end of the academic year the students will get this information. 'Boursiers' get priority for campus accomodation but whether she gets a studio on campus or elsewhere she should normally be entitled to an APL (aide personalisée au logement).  Bordeaux university has been renovating and building new accommodation recently - long overdue. Hope this helps.  Jen

Hi Jen, My daughter has already been using that site, as you said its very good.

I really wanted some info or tips  from people who go or have been to either of these uni's. It will be her first move away from home and I just thought all the info she could get would help her.

Regards

Nina

One of my daughters had a room in Cité V, one of the older, unrefurbished students buildings.  It was small but very cheap.  However there is a serious problem with gypsies around the campus, they camp for weeks on end around the residences which aren't in walled compounds and the police seem to be powerless to move them on quickly.  There  were numerous ireports of burglaries of the rooms on the lower floor. My daughter always chose a room on the top floor, it kept her fit having to climb the stairs, was quieter and by and large thieves couldn't be bothered to climb up to the fourth floor - certainly in the two years she was there her floor was burglary free.

Archived