Complete France Forum

Need to pay my EDF bill quick from UK?!!

Iain T

Got a reminder to pay the first EDF bill - I thought I would get a IMO from my bank as we haven't received any correspondence from the la poste account we set up so I don't know my RIB. (all we got was a chit with a compte number on it). Barclays don't do small IMOs in Euros any more so I will have to send a bank transfer, but How can I find account details from the bill? Will they accept cash? Can you pay over the amount of your current bill?

It's only for 27.19 euros so I'll be very peeved if I get cut of over it, but i can't get back out there for a couple of weeks.

Can you pay over the phone with a UK debit/credit card?

Any help much appreciated

Regards Iain

[quote]There is an online service that covers most services, including EDF https://secure.telefact.fr/index.htm -> ' Je souhaite consulter ou payer une facture' , -> EDF type in the bil...[/quote]

Are you sure about this Richard?

The  EDF are one of the few companies with which you cannot pay on line by a carte bancaire. You can pay by entering RIB bank details, or on the minitel but not by visa or bank card. If you have a closer look at the telefact site you will see what I mean.

regards,

Paul

I found the EDF were good to talk to. We had an 'issue' where we were about to be cut off because of an unpaid bill from our vendors.  We were in Britain but wanted power there anyway. It got sorted. Compered to France Telecom they seem to be a model of customer service.

[quote]Are you sure about this Richard? The EDF are one of the few companies with which you cannot pay on line by a carte bancaire. You can pay by entering RIB bank details, or on the minitel but not ...[/quote]

I haven't tested the EDF part, as I pay by DD so don't have a bill to try it out, but I often use the FT one, where I pay by (french) credit card.

My understanding is that there are two modes of operating telefact, one is directly via your bank account, but the other is via a credit card online payment(which I use) - see https://secure.telefact.fr/index and goto 'Services'. Clearly it says that all bills can be paid via either method.

regs

Richard

Archived