Complete France Forum

Hollow walls?

Patter

WE HAVE HAD OUR HOUSE THREE AND HALF YEARS, IN NOVEMBER MY HUSBAND NOTICED A SHAPE OF A CUPBOARD IN THE SITTING ROOM, WE LOOKED UPSTAIRS AND FOUND ONE WALL IN OUR BEDROOM SOUNDED HOLLOW, BUT AS WE WERE GOING TO SPAIN, WE DECIDED NOT TO INVESTIGATE JUST THEN. TONIGHT MY HUSBAND WENT TO THE BEDROOM PULLED BACK THE WALLPAPER AND FOUND A DOOR NAILED TO THE WALL, HE TOOK THE DOOR OF AND FOUND A WALK IN WARDROBE, COMPLETE WITH A WORKUNG LIGHT, CANT WAIT TO OPEN THE CUPBOARD DOWNSTAIRS.

ANYBODY ELSE FOUND ANYTHING OF INTEREST IN THEIR HOUSE.?????

TRICIA B

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't found extra rooms but when I was digging up the dirt floor of my stables in order to lay a concrete floor I found all sorts of stuff including: 1) a tiny china cup perfectly intact 2) a porcelein cup and saucer also intact. 3) LOTS of farm implments 4) some spanners - these were interesting as I gave them to someone I know who collects such things (it takes all sorts) He identified them an it turns out I had found, a Renault spanner form the 1950's, a hand made or blacksmith made one-off spanner for who knows what and a rare adjustable spanner from a Model T Ford. Amazing

pierre

Archived