Complete France Forum

Surveyor in Herault for final inspection of new build

After nearly 2 and a half years our new build near Pezanas is almostfinished (we think so anyway as we are getting regular demands for the staged payments from the builders). Even though we have guarantees for just about everything the builder suggests we have an independent professional look at it before we hand over the final 5%.  I have e amiled a couple in French Property News but wondered if anyone had any they could recommend - be handy if the could speak English.

Many thanks

Jane and Alan

Hello, Jane and Alan. It seems rather an unnecessary barrier to hurdle - to ask a surveyor to check-over the work of a registered builder. Have there been issues during the build?

Hergoodself and me are migrating to our own newbuild in five weeks, in Quillan, around 45 minutes away. Would you like me to give you a second (though unqualified) and free opinion? The offer is there if you need it. Though I left the building surveying and design business longer ago than I care to admit, I have not lost what I learned, and have designed, detailed, drawn and followed our own project through to completion with great care.

Good luck.

Archived