Complete France Forum

Unusual re-matriculation project ???

pigiron

I am considering  registering my HGV race car transporter in France. Its a 7.5 tonne Iveco Cargo which comprises of 50% motorhome and 50% garage space for the race car.

I have very little experience of registering cars having only done it once before and that was a 6 month old Citroen so naturally it was a doddle but I fear that this is going to some what more 'interesting'.

I am hoping to to hear from people who have maybe registered a UK built motorhome with the access door on the left ( UK near side) or possibly some one who owns a 7.5 tonne horse box or similar.

As I understand it I will need to start the ball rolling at Les Mines or what ever it is now called, In the first instance Im going to go armed with some photos and the vehicle specs and take it from there.

'Any' information or tips will be most welcome.

All I can say to you is 'Good Luck !'

I also went to do a similar thing with my 12 ton Volvo racing motorcycle transporter which sounds very similar to your vehicle, after months of frustration I gave up and now have it registered still in the UK, the vehicle travels sufficiently in the UK for my insurance company to be happy with the situation, I have told them everything in full detail, and I take it back to my old Volvo agent once a year for the MOT and I pay UK road tax.

Archived