Complete France Forum

Resident Parking Permits ("Carte de Stationnement") - long delay?

Crevette

I wanted to renew my Carte de Stationnement (I made an application with the carte grise, and the "taxe d'habitation") and sent this off on the 5th December.

I waited and waited and didn't receive anything.

It was getting quite close to the expiry date of my old carte (12/01) and so I tried to ring the "Subdivision Cartes de Stationnement".

I have tried more that 30 times last week - same answer ("please wait, we will connect you soon" for about a minute and then "Sorry, everyone is busy, try and contact us "exteriement" - whatever that means!). I spoke to the smeone at "la  Marie" to pass on the message urgently to the subdivision catre statrionement.

So now I have faxed through all my details with a cover explaining the situation (it is past the 12/01) and I have still not received anything...

I am very pissed off about this - I work 50KM to the west of Paris so the last thing I want is to spend a morning/afternoon going over to Boulevard Carnot and waiting in line to get a card (especially as I sent everything already).

I have not yet had a car fine (perhaps the traffic wardens are aware of delays?) but I am getting nervous about this.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Regards,

-Rob-

PS: I wonder if the subdivision will claim they never received the applicaition - in future I will try and send all correspndance with french administration by recorded delivery.

Archived