Jump to content
Complete France Forum

Changing UK Driving License

Ron Avery

Recommended Posts

Went to our local Marie and asked about changing Permis de Conduire.  Was told that in rural France Maries don't do this, we have to go to Sous-Préfecture in town, so armed with UK card, and paper license, the usual residency proof stuff, off we went.

Coversation at the S-P Caisse  "Why do you want to change it?  Its valid in France, have the police told you to?"

"No I thought that you have to after a year of residence in France and it does not have my correct address on it".

After consultation with colleague, form appears,  "fill that in please,  I need three photos, a stamped envelope, proof of identity and residence,  C de J, passport, facture. etc and it will be €46" !!!

"But if you wait a week until 1 Mars,  it will be free, that is why I asked you if the Police had told you to change it"!!!!


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...