Complete France Forum

current fuel prices

bedders

Bedders,

Like yourself I am off on a Cooks Tour of France shortly, so I cannot give you the current fuel prices. However, the fuel on the autoroutes is usually the most expensive in France and whenever possible I fill my tank at supermarkets which tend to be the cheapest. So whenever I leave the autoroute I seek out the nearest Supermarket and  fill up, when covering large distances these savings add up.

Baz

I use 98 unleaded which yesterday was 1,16€ per litre at local Super U and 95 was 1,15€ per litre. The Total garage was 10 centimes more expensive per litre on all four carburants and my daughter who buys at Carrefour says it is a bit cheaper there than Super U. Motorway services will always be more expensive so it may pay you to pull off to a nearby village/town or shopping centre to fillup. These prices are the dearest I have seen in the last 16 years here.

Our local Champion and Intermarche are charging 98 cents for diesel.  It hit a euro a couple of weeks ago but then came down again.  Garages round here are charging between 1.10 and 1.16, so whenever possible I would suggest finding a supermarket.

Make sure you plan your fuel stops right. You wann land in France with a near empty tank and don't forget that if you are on a Peage and come off for fuel, the saving you make will be negated by the slight extra you will pay for 2 'short' peage journeys as opposed to one long one. It all adds up

Archived