Complete France Forum

Immatrication of van

Vaughat

Hi

I'm in the process of getting my Iveco van onto French plates, I've got a certificate of conformity from Iveco and took the van for its Controle technique today - he gave me the window sticker punched for 2 years time and the form which has a number of faults on it that do not require a revisit. I take it that the van passed but there are some minor problems that need to be sorted.

Tony

Tony. Has your CT window sticker got two holes in it as normally a commercial vehicle like a van has to go every year for an emissions contrôle. Yes, you should get the minor nuisances sorted in case the gendarmes show an interest when you get stopped and is there a revisit requirement within 6 months on the paperwork?

Tony. Has your CT window sticker got two holes in it as normally a commercial vehicle like a van has to go every year for an emissions contrôle. Yes, you should get the minor nuisances sorted in case the gendarmes show an interest when you get stopped and is there a revisit requirement within 6 months on the paperwork?

Thanks Val

the window sticker does have 2 holes showing july 2007 and the paperwork does not show a revisit date, the space is empty.

I will be attending to the faults but they are things like headlights low (after I changed them for LHD lights)

Tony

If your CT says " defaut(s) A corriger sans obligation d'une contre visit" then all is ok just do the noted problems in your own time, also if you do get your vehicle French registered do remember to go back to the garage that did the control for the sticker to put on the Carte Grise

Thanks for the replies it's just that this is the first time I've taken a vehicle for a test in France, the van is 8 years old and although I've never had any problems with it I couldn't believe it had passed the CT first time!!

Tony

Archived