Complete France Forum

Recommend Models?

Juswundrin

Hi

We want to buy a smallish saloon or medium-largish hatchback, but TBH cars are a total mystery to both of us and I wondered if anyone on here could guide me towards (or away from!) any particular models?

We're currently thinking along the lines - purely on size, really - of Peugeot 206/306/307, Renault Clio... what would be the nearest similar Citroen (Saxo?). We're just looking for something reliable, economical; we only do 2 or 3000 miles a year, so the petrol/diesel argument could probably go either way?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

The Saxo was discontinued two years ago and replaced by the C2. I suggest you visit lots of dealers and have some test drives, they are usually very helpful and it will help you decide, not folk on forums who will be biased against their vehicles.

Suggest that you restrict yr search to Renault, Peugeot, Citroen as all village garages will happily look after them. Go to your local S/H dealer and wander round his forecourt till you find something of the right size and take it from there.

Happy hunting

John

not

Glad to know you love your Picasso Gay, we wouldn't be without ours now especially having to transport loads of student stuff too and from digs twice a year, amazing at the capacity it has when all the seats in the back are removed completely and we certainly can't do it in the dirty works vehicles.I was talking to "Georgina" on the phone today and she said her english model was recently recalled to have some clips in the suspension refitted,she has the same model as me 1.8i 16v but RH. Here we havn't had that problem although I did have a lateral airbag explode with warning two weeks after we bought it and everyone locally was called back in that had also bought a Picasso. I think the poster wanted a small car anyway didn't they? There are literally dozens to choose from these days so a good two or three days testing and visiting dealers and garages would be the best thing there especially with the increase in fuel again yesterday here  Super U 98 unleaded is 1,27€/litre and on the expressway Total were charging 1,43€/litre quite a  lot to pay extra if you fill right up. Even Carrefour who are usually a few euros cheaper were the same price last night as Super U

Err, surely people will only be "biased" against/toward their own cars if they're un/happy with them, with is kind of the point of my asking for personal experiences? No dealer is going to tell me a model is unreliable, I suspect, if he's got one on his forecourt?

Thanks John, we're certainly restricting the field to the French manufacturers for just that reason.

J.

Archived