Complete France Forum

From "French news".

Three of the four automatic radar cameras in deux severes have been smashed at Niort.Saint Pardoux and Frontenay Rohan Rohan .

The prefet has announced that six more cameras are to be installed 3 on the RN11 one on the RN150 and one on the A83 and a sixth not been specified yet

We passed the one on the N12 at Bellevue,Guingamp twice yesterday and didn't take any chances whether it was working or not, neither did any of the other local traffic. Saw a few germans go flying past us all but couldn't tell if the thing flashed or not. I think a lot of these things are there to affect the driver psycologically,surely the authorities can't afford to keep filling them with film or whatever they use.

[quote]We passed the one on the N12 at Bellevue,Guingamp twice yesterday and didn't take any chances whether it was working or not, neither did any of the other local traffic. Saw a few germans go flying pas...[/quote]

I don't think they are installing any "film" speed cameras any more. All the (few) I have seen are forward-facing digital ones, with infra-red flashes, that you don't see. They take their pictures & send them to a central station...

If a fine is not issued it is becuase the Gendarmerie is short of pen-pushers. Which I doubt.

Ah yes, forward facing cameras, another of my "betes noires"

Can ANYONE explain to me why it is that, when motorcycles are involved in around 20% of road fatalities, many, many of them being "lost control", and when motorcycles make up only about 3% or less of road traffic, ( which makes thast 20% a MASSIVE amount), forward facing cameras, which CANNOT trap motorcyclists, are installed ANYWHERE?

That is, unless the cameras really ARE there for revenue generation.......... After all, loss of revenue from 3% or less of road users, is nowt..........

Alcazar

Archived