Complete France Forum

Motor bike insurance

Shane

After 6 six years of continual nagging I have eventually got my darling husband to buy a custom motor bike, which he has wanted for ages but kept saying he was too busy renovating our house to ride it! Well that will now have to change.

Anyway, got a devi for the insurance from Groupama which was fine, but hubby wonders if there is such a thing as a "Rider" policy here in France where you are insured and can have as many bikes as you want under that policy. Groupama says one bike one policy and if he buys another a new policy has to be taken out for that bike also, costs can then mount up.

See now he has this one he is thinking he may have another!!!

I have heard that PFA offer a rider type policy but have not checked it out myself. In France it is normally the vehicle that is insured although for bikes you have to specify the drivers (if more than one), unlike cars, where anyone can drive (with certain limitations). I think a rider policy is more of a transferable insurance where the largest bike is insured and, on the understanding that you can only ride one at a time, you are then covered for the other bikes. I don't know what happens about the green 'vignette'. 

Archived