Complete France Forum

Help with Certificate of Conformity application for a van

Orion

I have an application for for a certificate of conformity for a Mercedes van. Two of the questions on the application form for the CoC are:

Poids a vide du vehicule: Carrosse...... kg  AND P.T.C. du vehicle...... kg

I have found only one weight mentioned on the V5 which is Revenue weight 2590kg gross. What is this?

Apart from that I have no direct info on weights. 

Can I extract this info from the VIN? plates or anywhere else on the van?

Thanks for any help on this and yes I do find it a little irritating that this is info for Mercedes who know all this anyway.

Thanks

Orion

It looks like they want the unladen weight (PV Poids a vide)  and gross weight (PTAC Poids total autorisé en charge)

somewhere on your van should be a plate showing these weights maybe inside the van on the passenger side or under the bonnet, you will have to search or check your handbook for the position of the plate.

Thanks Les

I have found the plate under the seat with four weights noted like this:

2590 kg

4590 kg

1-  1380 kg

2-  1500kg

I know the 2590 kg is the Revenue weight which I suppose must be the the poids vide - will the PTAC be the 4590 kg and what are the other 2 weights all about?

Thanks for your kind help (and BTW Mercedes won't answer the phone to help me)

Orion

AFAIK

(2590 kg) = Gross vehicle weight (Poids a Vide)

(4590kg) = gross train weight (ie car and trailer) (PTAC)

1 (1380kg) = maximum weight on front axle

2 (1500kg) = maximum weight on rear axle

It's been a long time since I had to deal with things like this, so I stand to be corrected.

Hi Les

thanks for the help - after many attempts to confirm this with merceds i sent in the application with the info as described - I cannot for the life of me understand why i need to provide this particular information to Mercedes as they have it all anyway.

orion

Archived