Complete France Forum

are french cars more expensive than uk second hand cars?

Blade

Broadly yes. Compare 'Argus' and 'Parkers' or What Car' broadly I think the French market it not affected by dumping of ex fleet/company cars which are 3 or 4 years old.  I would not normally suggest buying a second hand car in UK to export to France but if you own a car in the UK which you like and know has been regularly serviced it is worth exporting to France. I may have a look for a 406 HDI coupe when I go to the UK on holiday if I ever give up needing a pick up truck or using the 306 as one.

As an addon to this, we sold a RHD car last January (french plated) in france to a french lady, she lives about 10k from us and pass her often whilst out and about. We got a good price for this car....more than we would in UK and she was very happy withit as it was a lot less than she would have paid normally for a second hand car in france, anyway the upshot is , that for the last 5 months she has had the car up for sale......with a price tag on it for nearly 1,000 euros more than she bought it for.....good luck to her if she gets it.

Mrs O

• 2 weeks later...

Archived