Complete France Forum

Help! Broken fridge van!

Tina

Can anyone help? I have a fridge van stuck in France because the Carrier fridge unit has stopped working. Anyone know of a) a refrigerated transport forum, b) a decent repairer in the Dinan area. c) a manual for a Carrier "cab commander" or Carrier 20S.

Help!

Thanks

Tina

[quote user="le bouffon"]Is the van full,will you be ruuning back to uk full?[/quote]

Thankfully, no! We have yet to load (even then it will not be full). I shall postpone the next trip, but I am sure that will all the useful info I have received, I can get it fixed next week.

Thanks all.

If anyone is looking for transport (chilled, frozen or ambient) to the UK, let me know as we do the LeHavre - Portsmouth trip a couple of times a month.

Tina

Just thinking if you are not running back full could you not pack the goods(sorry do not know if they are chilled or frozen)in polystyrene boxes they should keep the goods ok until you get back to the UK,and then get the van fixed,although it seems you now have a week here to get the unit mended,becareful  and make sure that they have all the parts etc and that the van will be ready when you are ready to return to the UK.

Archived