Complete France Forum

First CT

Quillan

I was thinking last night (sad but true) are you suppose to remeber the date of your first CT or does some government body send you a letter. I was thinking along the lines of that in the UK when your road fund licence comes up for renewal the renewal notice tells you what documents to take so you know you should have one but we don't have road fund licence in France.

Ye - we just had ours done and there was no notification letter. 

The date that it has to be done by is on the Carte Grise. 

Apparently after the first one you do get a reminder.  The guy

that did ours picked up the fact that there was a typo on the Carte

Grise and the chassis number was wrong by one digit so we had to get a

new Carte Grise - but that's another story!!

Citroën send me a reminder since my first one was due, probably because they want the business. I get it done myself and save some some money both in time,distance and petrol. Other than that, no you are responsible for keeping an eye on your windscreen sticker and for large vans they have tohave a yearly emissions test as well.

I don't think that any one is obliged to remind anyone of this. It is clearly marked on the carte grise, so it up to us. We have had a garage remind us in the past, but not every garage we have used has reminded us.

As has been said, usually the centre who does the controle sends out a reminder after they have done the first one.

This topic reminds me of something that happened at the end of last year, just before one of our Peugeots was due for its first CT. We received a reminder from one of the local main dealers - we've always had it serviced at an independent garage in the next commune, the car is actually Belgian rather than French, and all it has been anywhere near a Peugeot dealer for is a small bodywork repair. So I wonder how they knew?

Archived