Complete France Forum

DRIRE Refusal

Kingfisher

Have just been posted back my DRIRE form that I'd filled in, stamped across the envelope is "refusé pour taxe".

The car is a citroen ZX 1995. I downloaded the form, filled it in, posted it off to the nearest office along with the log book and cheque.

Am I missing something? Do I need to get the "quittance fiscal" certificate first? If so does it then get sent to DRIRE too? Any ifo would be hughly appreciated, the insurance company are starting to get shirty and want me to produce a carte gris ASAP.

I take it the car is a British registered Import ?

If so, yes they will need to have the quittance fiscal as well and the

Controle technique along with a stamped addressed envelope of a fair

size (can't remember exactly, one that can take an A4 in half I think

?)

I always prefer to go the the DRIRE personally, as  just one little error and the lot gets sent straight back !!

They used to want proof of residency as well !!

Why use DRIRE for a typically French car in the first place? Wouldn't it have been easier to just go to a Citroen dealer and ask for a Certificate of Conformity, ( CdeC ).

All you need to do is take the car details to your nearest Citroen dealer and they will get the Cde C for you, it may cost 30 - 40€ more than DRIRE but it is a lot less messing.about.and a darn sight quicker[:)]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Kingfisher

Just send them what they ask for on the guidance note.  They

don't need the QF or CT certificates in order to identify the

vehicle for your attestation.

[/quote]

No, that is pretty obvious SD but I would see that as a waste of time

and

effort, by giving them the lot, they will ratify it all for you and

send

it back, all done and dusted and ready to take along to your sous

prefecture or prefecture. I always take it all along personally, get it

ratified and then they offer it all back ready (if they have time !) to

simply go and offer to the prefecture (or sous) to collect the carte

grise.

Ron, we have a Citroen and visited our main dealer, they did not want to know and gave us a phone no in Paris, when we used this no we were quoted an astronomical figure (well over 150 euros springs to mind).

We visited the DRIRE with all our paperwork, filled in one form and gave it back whilst we were there, I had also gon equiped with stamps and  envelopes, which wern`t asked for. The man said we would receive the form in about 2 weeks......3 days later it was in our postbox.

I will have a search through my cheque boks later, but a sum of about 50 euros rings a bell........lets put it another way, It saved us a lot of money!

edit; 67 euros paid to DRIRE

Ron

The DRIRE are responsible for all French national type approval and they issue the original certification to the manufacturers who, in turn, issue individual attestations of conformity for older vehicles such as Kingfisher's Citroen.

You're right - Kingfisher could source the document through his local Citroen dealer, pay 150 euros and receive the attestation in a couple of weeks, or he could can apply directly to the DRIRE, pay 67 euros and get the attestation by return of post.

Miki

I'm not clear about how sending the DRIRE what they want is a waste of time and effort.  I also don't see what the DRIRE could do to ratify the QF and the CT certificates.

SD,

As I said earlier, I prefer to either do it myself or, as I have done

on many occasions for others, send it ALL along and that way, let DRIRE

sort it out, ready for carte grise collection at the prefecture etc. I

just don't see the point in asking DRIRE just for a C of Con, when they

can accept all the neccessary and deal with it all for you.

Thanks, Miki.  I understand what you meant now.

Its just that a lot of people tend to suggest things are more complicated than they are in practice, so it's usually helpful to explain the simplicity of the process.

Essentially, you are looking to collect three pieces of paper - the QF from the tax office, the CT from the testing station, and the type approval attestation from the DRIRE. They are all straightforward official documents that you hand over at the prefecture when you go to register the car. Of course, for peace of mind, you can take them along to the DRIRE and ask them to examine them to see if they are OK, but I'm not sure what value this adds especially if it involves a long journey to the DRIRE office.

Well for me it speeds up any sales and for anyone else with little else

to fill their days (hands up, there are many of them !!!) a trip to

DRIRE can be the basis of a nice day out [;-)]

If anything is wrong, the sous prefecture will, or can say " get it

sorted and come back", there are simply some things they can't or won't do. So

by sending, or offering in person, all the paperwork to the DRIRE folks,

you will not only have it all sorted (should there be any errors plus

they will do the C de Con at the same time!) AND no possible long trip

to the prefecture in vain and the possibility of a return journey!!

I guess we all have different ways but,  in my experience, the way I have described has been best for me.

Of course if the car is under 4 years old, one will not need a CT and

the C de Con will (should !) be with the car, thus a trip to the

prefecture, fill in the neccessary plus the QF et voila.....facile eh !

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

[quote user="Miki"]Well for me it speeds up any sales ......[/quote]

Ah ...so you're in the trade!

In that case, with your experience, you should have no problems sorting the paperwork [;-)]

[/quote]

Ha ha S.D , you reckon, c'est la France eh !! [;-)]

Archived