Complete France Forum

Sans Permis

riberac

It's a lifestyle thing...

We get a lot of those in Normandy, all in front of me, mostly driven by old men in caps, or on one occasion containing two enormous women who were trying to light cigarettes whilst going uphill in the middle of the road at about 30kph in a 110kph zone - there were bits of woman sticking out of the windows, god knows who shoehorned them in...

And do those things actually have indicators?

In a local village the garde champetre got done for drink/driving and the municipalitie bought one of these things for him to get about to do his lawful duties......... so maybe many a one of these things is driven by banned drivers, sobering thought n'est pas[6]

Nah they are like most other french cars and don't have ones that work[:)]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]It's a lifestyle thing...

We get a lot of those in Normandy, all in front of me, mostly driven by old men in caps, or on one occasion containing two enormous women who were trying to light cigarettes whilst going uphill in the middle of the road at about 30kph in a 110kph zone - there were bits of woman sticking out of the windows, god knows who shoehorned them in...
[/quote]

Blimey Dick, haven't you noticed yet, NO French cars being driven by the French have indicators! They also drive all the way round roundabouts in the outside lane and don't indicate when they are about to leave. They don't need to indicate, they know where they are going. And 'priority a'droit', well??????????????????

John (getting good at this no indicator thingy. It don't 'arf make driving easier and more interesting!)

Or, as you are driving round a roundabout in the middle of Mayenne a young woman in a battered Renault will try to overtake you on the inside without the faintest notion that a Volvo estate is NOT going to bend in the middle to give you room, so you will hoot, and give the finger whilst all the time your 2 (unbelted) kids are bouncing about in the car.

Road rage? Usually justified!

I'm sure i read in one of the motoring rag's that they are thinking of getting rid on these death traps. Most who drive them have been done for DD and are just a danger in a motorised cart. Seems there's been lots of accidents in major cities with people getting knocked down. Never reported until last year because these 'cars's are not in the system so to speak. The mayor of Lyon, "I think' called them a Drink Drivers Taxi, or such like.

Archived