Complete France Forum

Builders and Wrought Iron Fencing

Hi I'm back again for much needed help and advice.  We are shortly coming out to our new house in France at Lauraguel, nr Limoux.  We desperately need a wall and wrought iron fence put up or perhaps just a wrought iron fence.  Can anyone recommend a good builder who doesn't charge over the odds and a good blacksmith for the fence and gates.  Is there somewhere you can buy wrought iron fencing and gates?

We would eventually like to have a pool installed any recommendations would be appreciated.

This may be a stupid question but when we have come to France on holiday we always used bottle water for drinking and cleaning our teeth.  Can we drink the water?  We would like an american style fridge with water and ice dispenser.

Once again thank you for all your help.

Well how amazing, our best friends from the UK now live in Lauraguel and they get their bottled water, free of charge, from a natural spring, I think it's close to Quillan, I'm sure Chris on here will be able to give you the exact location, but you can take your empty bottles and fill them at the source.

The spring is at Alet-les-Bains between Limoux and Quillan. THe Alet water supplies the taps in Limoux too.

In general the water is good to drink and at least our commune posts the water quality test results outside the mairie.

For ironwork I can't give any recommendations, but using www.pagesjaunes.fr with 11300 for Limoux shows two results for ferronierrie. For builders you might be best asking in your village there might be a local guy.

Archived