Complete France Forum

FeuVert Prallelisme / Tracking

Anton Redman

-----­

What would you do ? 

In April I purchased two tyres from FeuVert. At the time they told me the parellelism AKA tracking was very badly out of adjustment. At the time I thought they were incorrect as the pre adjustment figures were so badly out of true I would have trouble keeping the car in a straight line. I also found the people I dealt with pedantic to the point of unpleasantness.  They were so awkward that I did not buy a second pair of tyres from them.

I have just received a mailshot French text as below : Saying following a controle visit for their equipment an anomaly was detected.

Is it a cynical marketing scan ? Has anybody who has gone to a branch of FeuVert other than St Andre de Cubzac received a similar letter. What would you do ?

1.     Turn up and ask to correct the tracking then ask what compensation they were prepared to provide for the extra wear that they error had caused to your tyres ?

2.     Have the tracking checked at the local ex Peugeot dealers who I like and trust ( even if they cannot remember which side of the car the steering wheel is after 5 visits )

3.     Take the car to exhaust, battery and tyre place where I purchased the front tyres and get them to check the tracking ?

Suite a la visite de contrôle de nos appareils, une anomalie a été détectée sur l'un de ceux -ci. 

vous avez effectue chez nous un réglage du parallélisme sur votre véhicule dans le courant du mois d' avril. 

Dans un souci de qualité de nos prestations, nous vous invitons a prendre contact avec nous, afin de fixer un rendez vous pour que nous puissions effectuer la vérification et le réglage si nécessaire du parallélisme (merci de vous munir de la présente ). 

Veuillez agréer, Monsieur, l'expression de mes sentiments distingues.

Archived