Complete France Forum

vsl's

Chrisc

what are the exact rules for owning a voiture sans licence-?

I'm disabled and swansea pulled my uk licence-mad or what-?

anyway-I have no choice but to get 1 of those funny little  no permis cars

Any advice welcomed

cheers

chris in St Lo

As I understand it, you just buy one, some insurance & drive it. They are disproportionately expensive (as is the insurance) for a reason!

Can't comment on your licence, as we haven't got enough information, other than to say that they took my Dad's licence off him because of his eyesight - he was 75. That's life, I guess.

Our local Aixam dealer had a really natty convertible model that he was driving around in. I was going to send a picture to Top Gear, but I never had my phone handy, of course.

There are all sort of restrictions on their use, but they will get you mobile - if that is what you want...

Chris

Not mad at all.  Your licence will have been revoked by the DVLA because your disablity meant you were unable to satisfy the medical standards required for safe driving.  Revokation due to disability is a material fact that you will need to declare to your potential insurers, so you might not be able to obtain cover for your voiture sans permis.

My advice would be to consult with your doctor to see whether your disability falls within the permissable areas of the French medical rules for driving.  If you're cleared for driving, then he may be able to provide a supporting letter for your insurers. 

It would also be safer for the rest of us ......

Too young to have met Archie Scott Johnson.  I used to autocross with a fellow who lacked a couple of legs and sported a chrome vandium ratchet drive  instead of one of his hands. Seemed a bit off to ask about his handicap as he normally took about 23 seconds a lap off me.

<< Not mad at all.  Your licence will have been revoked by the DVLA because your disablity meant you were unable to satisfy the medical standards required for safe driving.  Revokation due to disability is a material fact that you will need to declare to your potential insurers, so you might not be able to obtain cover for your voiture sans permis. >>  I think not it normally means that somebody has opted for the easy option rather than consider the facts. 

Archived