Complete France Forum

Speed after March 07

Frederick

[quote user="Gary "]It's done by the off-road boys and started in Iceland. You squirt lighter fluid into the tyre and then light it. It re-fits the tyre but I personally wouldn't want to try it...............[:D][/quote]

I knew that!!! I was just playing the dumb girlie!! Not that girlies are dumb, just the dumb ones!!![:P]

Anyway, this girl actually asked her husband if this was the way to do it!!!

[quote user="Clair"] I knew that!!! I was just playing the dumb girlie!! Not that girlies are dumb, just the dumb ones!!![:P]
Anyway, this girl actually asked her husband if this was the way to do it!!!
[/quote]

I know you did Clair and I would never class you in that category. I, like PD, know a lot of dumb blokes .............and some pretty boring ones too..........................................brum, brum !!!

Is your friend blonde, by the way.........................[:)]

Interesting about closing the loophole on foreigners trying to "avoid" congestion charge.  Last time we were in London in our French registered car we tried to pay - but there were actually no signs telling you how or where - what's the foreign tourist supposed to do?  And when we tried to pay online the system couldn't cope with our French registration number and so refused to take the money!

[quote user="powerdesal"]But what was his reply ? There are some seriously dumb blokes around as well, and they are not necessarily blond.  [:D][/quote]

well, he used to call her blond... (and he must have

known [blink]) so he said" no dear, this is not how you do it

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/mad/359.gif[/img], you call me..."

I

once had a flat on the dual carriage way, crawled the car over to the

lay-by where a burger van was and some butch looking guys. Got out of

the car and walked over to ask if I could use a mobile to call my boss

to let him know I'd be late. The burger guy charged me £1.00 for the

call and they all watched whilst I jacked the car up, changed the tyre

and pumped up the spare, never offered a hand even though it's really

not easy undoing wheel nuts when you're wearing heels and a skirt!!!

(you try it!)

It's only when I could not tighten the nuts back on that one of them came over to help out!!!!!!!

Men!!!!!!!!!! [:-))]

A car was driving down the street when all of a sudden it started swerving.  The car was going back and forth till someone with a cell phone called the police.  A police officer pulled the car over.  A blonde rolls down the window and says, " Officer, I'm so glad you are here.  I saw a tree in the road, then I saw another.  So I  had to swerve to keep from hitting it!"  The officer looks at her, then says,

"Ma'am, that's your air freshener." ..................................[Www]

Sorry..............................................

[quote user="Bob T"]I have a picture of my bikes GPS showing a maximum speed attained of 238 kmh, does that mean I am bad? Should I tell myself off?
[/quote]On a public road I'd say mad rather than bad, different if it was on a race track of course.

[quote user="Deauville"]I just want to say 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time' Not a supercilious remark - 30 yrs driving/riding, plenty of speed thrills, NO POINTS - just observe the posted limits and there's no problem is there?[/quote]

Totally Agree with you there Deauville,

When we go on rideouts or on tour we always observe posted speed limits in towns and villages and make sensible progress elsewhere. If we fancy a blast, we go on a track-day.

Ride, or indeed drive, in any other way in France today, and you will get pulled sooner or later.

Do you have a Honda, by any chance.?

[quote user="Deauville"]I just want to say 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time' Not a supercilious remark - 30 yrs driving/riding, plenty of speed thrills, NO POINTS - just observe the posted limits and there's no problem is there?[/quote]

It was only a matter of time.  [:)]

Well done Mark! Sadly the reflexes aren't what they were and a 650 V tourer is the current (and probably last) steed! Having said that a couple of years ago we did a 3000 mile 15 day Pyreneean tour on it and found ourselves surrounded by Hogs making their way to Barcelona for the H.D. European Centenary and even with a shed load of camping gear we were still able to blow them all off on the mountain roads - they can't get round the bends can they??!!

Archived