Complete France Forum

Insurance in France

Sunshine

I have over 15 years experience in Investments, Assurance and Insurance and have no problem finding the right company and price in the UK.  However my knowledge of the lesser known French company's and quality of service has me stumped.

We received a very good quote from a 'Zephir Auto Insurance' company for our 4x4 and I have never heard of them.  Does any one know of this company and its quality of service? 

A pm will be great, as I am not sure if this king of reply is acceptable on the forum.

Are you giving the French copamy proof of driving history? Four years NCD from the UK does not count for a great deal of discount here. If you can find UK insurance documentation proving that you have at least ten years of driving experience it reduces the price quite a bit. I found both car and motorbike insurance to be much cheaper here than in the UK.

Hi

We provided a copy of renewal notice  for the last 4 years and Axa gave us the maximum discount .50  and al this was arranged with no fuss last year while we lived Turkey.  We have now found a great offer.  AGF are giving 3 months free insurance for new customers upto 5 February.  This made a huge difference to our quote which we accepted.  It appears to part of the french culture to have all there insurance with one provider.  I looked into this and although they all promised huge discounts if we did this we found this was not the case.  I would advise any one to shop around and when you have found 2 good quotes take a copy to the competitors for a final discount.  There is always room for a little more discount if you ask. 

Archived